A number of key messages emerged during the event:
• Printing onto textiles opens up a huge range of opportunities for print service providers
• To be successful it is necessary to learn as much as possible about the techniques applied and equipment available on the market
• There is a massive untapped resource of design and innovation skills in young people: use them!
• Managing change is a key factor in a successful business
• The market is huge and growing
Peter Kiddell of FESPA UK Association comments: “We have had some wonderful feedback, and firmly believe that the presentations and the face-to-face interactions that took place during the event will help drive innovation and prove highly beneficial to those who attended.”
One of the delegates, Anka Bimbalova of Six Colors Sarl, who travelled from Bulgaria, said: “I run a sports garment printing business and a distribution company. It was good to see so many exhibitors of interesting new products and technological innovations. I was also able to make very positive contacts with potential customers and suppliers.”